This position will provide IT systems administration in a Microsoft server and Windows environment. Basic understanding of Windows Server internals as well as a solid knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems. Perform system imaging and helpdesk functions. Responsible for data backups, restores, system patching, and Antivirus definition updates. Install and configure software applications requested by end users. Primary customer interaction involves resolving support issues using helpdesk and task assignment methods. Work with Network Administrators and Sr. Network Technicians to maintain network requirements. Document and follow basic IT processes and procedures. Work as a team member in a diversified technological environment. Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a mild to moderate scope and complexity.
· Knowledgeable in Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems (OS)
· Understanding of Antivirus and basic security hardening
· Demonstrated experience supporting recent versions of Microsoft Office
· Ability to obtain required Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and an Operating System Certification) within 6 months of hire date
· Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours
· Bachelor's degree in IT or a related field or equivalent experience is required
· Basic DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory experience
· Knowledge of backups, principles, and safeguards
· Basic knowledge of virtual computing technologies
· Troubleshooting basic workstation and server issues
Position Ancillary Items:
· Approximately 25% Travel Availability
· Ability to lift and carry work related objects of 20-40 lbs.